Max Walker began manufacturing golf carts in Fowler, Kansas, in 1957. Recognizing the company needed a product that could be produced year-round as well as for wider markets, Walker released the Power Truck in 1962.
The five-door Camping-Limousine seen here is but one of half a dozen body styles made available by the nationalized East German manufacturer. Seen as very much a “German Car” and upscale in comparison to the Trabant, which was the only other option available to the general public in the GDR, the 311 was still a far cry from modern designs emerging in the West.
Willam H. Lambretta presented a Lambretta-engined prototype at the Paris Salon in 1966. He formed Lambretta S.A.F.D.–a company that marketed and rebadged Italian imports by Lawil, Casalini, and others.< p/>