Daily demonstrations at 11am, free with admission!
Rally For The Lane
The 2023 Rally For The Lane has been SOLD OUT
Have you ever dreamt of driving a one-of-a-kind museum quality vehicle?
At Lane Motor Museum, we can make your dream come true! The Rally for The Lane is your chance to drive one of our unique collection items in a full-day rally. A carefully planned route will lead you from downtown Nashville into the rolling hills and autumn colors of scenic Middle Tennessee.
The money raised helps to defray the costs of owning, housing, maintaining, and restoring our collection of over 500 cars.
The right to drive a Lane Motor Museum collection item on a predetermined Rally route!
- You select the vehicle during the pre-sale or public sale
- You may register a maximum of 2 eligible drivers per vehicle.
- Drivers must be 25 years of age with a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- If you have had any major traffic citations you may not be eligible to drive. A DUI or any other alcohol or drug-related citation is automatic ineligibility for 3 years following the incident.
- Lane Motor Museum reserves the right to deny any participant the right to drive if we believe the driver is unable to operate the vehicle in a safe manner.
- All efforts will be made to make sure your reserved vehicle is in driving condition for the Rally. In the event your reserved vehicle is not available we will work with you to offer a choice of another vehicle or the option of a full refund. In the case of inclement weather, those in convertibles without tops will be offered an alternative.
The ability to register up to 2-4 participants per car
- All Passengers must be at least 13 years old (by the date of the Rally).
- Each car has a capacity of 2 or 4. This capacity is listed on the chart below!
Each registered participant in your car (1-4 total, depending on capacity) will receive
- Breakfast at Lane Motor Museum- sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance.
- Participation in all the activities scheduled for the Rally.
- An official Rally poster & t-shirt
- A one-year member/guest membership to Lane Motor Museum (current members will receive a one-year extension of their memberships)
- Participants will receive a tax certificate detailing the museum’s estimate of the tax-deductible value for participation. One tax letter will be issued per vehicle. It will be issued to the person whose name appears on the credit card used to pay for the registration.
7:00 AM– Registration: Arrive at Lane Motor Museum for registration and a pre-Rally breakfast sponsored by Hagerty Classic Insurance. Drivers receive a personal driving lesson in their car.
9:00 AM- Rally: Cars depart the museum and drive a pre-determined route to the lunch destination.
12:00 PM- Lunch: Stretch your legs and take a rest while you enjoy lunch at our midpoint stop.
2:00 PM-Rally: Begin the second leg of the journey back toward the museum
4:00 PM Reception: Enjoy the post-Rally reception with demonstrations and private access to the museum’s collection storage area.
5:00 PM Optional Group Dinner: A group dinner will take place in the museum exhibit area. The option to add this will be available during registration for $30 per person.
- Research which vehicle you would like to reserve! Scroll through the list below to see which cars are available. If you would like to learn more about any car, click on the photo of the car for more information.
- Participants of the previous year will receive access to a special pre-sale. Details will be emailed to past participants. The Public Sale will offer all remaining spots and vehicles.
- To reserve a car:
1. Click the link to the reservation page. *Pages will be unavailable until the exact moment the sale starts. For the best chance to get a spot, click the link and refresh the page at the exact second the sale starts!
2. Select the vehicle from the dropdown menu.
3. Enter your name, email address, and hit submit.
4. You will be redirected to a payment page – payment is due at the time of reservation.
5. A Museum representative will send you a confirmation email to confirm your reservation
- If you attempt to purchase a car at the same time as another person you will get an error that says: “There was a problem with your submission. Sorry, but the quantity has been exceeded.” You can then scroll down the page and make another selection and you should only see a payment screen if successful. BUT—different browsers and operating systems may work differently so, if needed, you may need to manually refresh the screen. If you are not taken to a payment screen and do not complete payment, the car is not reserved.
- After reserving your car you will receive an email that confirms your reservation. There will be nothing else required until the registration period begins in May. You will then receive an email with instructions for providing current driver and insurance information.
- When reserving a car, you are agreeing to a non-refundable deposit to hold your space. We understand that plans sometimes change and will consider requests for cancellation if received by September 1st. For requests after this date, we will make all possible efforts to find someone to take your spot but, since many times we will have been holding your reservation for several months, we are only able to refund you if we are able to find another participant to take your place.
- As part of registration, all drivers will be required to submit their driver’s license and proof of insurance and must agree that Hagerty Insurance may check their driving record for the past 3 years. Hagerty reserves the right to reject any driver. A DUI/DWI offense during this three-year period is an automatic rejection so please do not reserve a car if you have this in your history. If a driver is not approved, a full refund will be given. If a driver does not disclose an item in their history and is later rejected by Hagerty, we reserve the right to keep your deposit.