Almost every museum eventually gets to the point that it faces storage limits, and institutions periodically evaluate their collections to weed out what no longer fits, what’s unlikely to be displayed, or what they may have gotten a better example of.
That’s what Lane Motor Museum is currently doing. As our focus evolves and sharpens, our Director and Curator have studied the Collection with an eye to the above, and made some hard choices. In keeping with responsible collection management practices, we have made the decision to part with the following vehicles. Some are in great condition, some are project cars, with others somewhere in between. We would like to provide others with the opportunity to revive, restore, and enjoy these cars, rather than consigning them to decades of dark, dusty storage. Even though they may no longer be here, we will be continuing our mission of sharing these unique cars with the public.
Be assured, these selections were not made without considerable deliberation and discussion. We hope that making space for new acquisitions will allow us to strengthen the stories we are able to tell through our collection in the coming years.
These are the ONLY vehicles available at this time.
The following items in the Lane Motor Museum collection are being offered for sale:
- 1951 Crosley Super Sports | $15,000 Older restoration. Runs and drives well. Click through for more pictures.
- 1959 Borgward Isabella | $5,000 Doesn’t run, needs brakes. Reasonable overall condition. Click through for more pictures.
- 1960 Panhard Single Seat Race Car | $2,500 Project car, will need a full restoration. Click through for more pictures.
- 1960 Lancia Appia | $12,000 Average older restoration, runs and drives. Click through for more pictures.
- 1961 Lloyd LT-600 | $50,000 Recently restored. Near perfect condition. Click through for more pictures.
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvair Wagon | $25,000 67,800 miles. Excellent condition. Drives well, very rare as the wagon was only made for 2 years. Click through for more pictures.
- 1966 Fiat 600 Multipla | $45,000 Good condition, transmission recently rebuilt. Runs and drives well. Click through for more pictures.
- 1971 Fiat 124 Spider | $10,000 92,300 miles, originally purchased from Madison Smith dealership here in Nashville. Interior is nice, paint is faded with some rust on the lower front fenders and rocker. Runs and drives well. Black interior. Click through for more pictures.
- 1971 Honda Z600 | $15,000 Excellent overall condition. Good paint, drives well. Click through for more pictures.
- 1971 LeGrand Mk12 Super Vee | $30,000 This was a one-off, single seat formula race car, since LeGrand did not put this car into production. Excellent condition. Runs and drives. Click through for more pictures.
- 1986 Honda Today | $10,000 Right-hand drive. Runs and drive well. Good condition. Modified suspension. 70,000 kms. Two-cylinder engine. Click through for more pictures.
- 1988 Citroën Tissier Car Carrier | $45,000 Citroën CX-based, diesel powered, and will accommodate cars around 2CV size. Bed dimensions are 11’ 8” from the winch to the end of the beavertail, and 69” between the bed rails. Carrying capacity is about 3600 pounds. Overall length approaches 23’. Repairs made in 2021 include a replacement low-mile engine, transmission, suspension work, brakes, and electrical repairs. Chassis shows 552K kms, but replaced engine and transmission has under 50K kms. Runs and drives well, has some cosmetic issues. Click through for more pictures.
- 1994 Tatra T-815 Rollback | $45,000 Six-wheel drive, 22′ x 8′ bed. 20 ton hydraulic wench. Good running condition, new batteries, 65,000km. Top speed of 50 mph. Click through for more pictures.
- 1999 Dallara Truck Nation IRL Car | $75,000 Currently set up for road courses. Last driven on the track about 15 years ago. Oldsmobile Aurora engine and Emco gearbox. Includes starter cart. Click through for more pictures.
- 2019 Citroën Monoposto Race Car | $10,000 A new reproduction of a 1950s DB monoposto (single-seater) race car. This one is powered by a Citroën 2CV engine and gearbox. Click through for more pictures.
To receive more information about any of these vehicles or parts for sale, please contact Jeff Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org.