Please note that the cars or exhibit items shown in this database are part of our collection but may not be on display when you visit.
The history of Steyr dates back to 1820 and the manufacturing of sporting and military rifles. Hence, the concentric circle of the Steyr badge represents a target.
The Haflinger was replaced by the larger Pinzgauer. It came in 6x6 or 4x4 forms–which you see here. The ground clearance is 13 inches when loaded.
Sorry, no description available at this time.
Mort Smit was a Subaru 360 enthusiast that built this special car he called “Peanut”. Mort retired and converted an old Greyhound bus into a motor home to travel in.
Hardware store tycoon and automotive entrepreneur Malcolm Bricklin became the first to import Subarus to the US when he founded Subaru America in 1968.
Fuji, one of Japan’s industrial giants, began to make Rabbit motor scooters in 1956. (Be sure to look for one in the motorcycle wing.) Two years later they launched their first car –the Subaru 360.
Fuji, one of Japan’s industrial giants, began to make Rabbit motor scooters in 1956. Two years later they launched their first car–the Subaru 360.
The name “Subaru” is Japanese for the Pleiades which are the six stars in the Taurus constellation. The six stars of the Subaru logo represent the six companies which make up Fuji Industries.
In 1961, the Subaru Sambar made its debut. The Sambar, based on the Subaru 360, was a truck that was outstandingly pleasant to ride in and stable to drive.
The Alto is a kei-class car that was introduced in 1979. This third-generation Alto is a special edition by i.e. Works, with a SOHC turbo-charged F5B engine and four-wheel drive.
The mid-1980s saw the beginning of the “bullet” bike.
The origins of today’s great Suzuki empire began in 1909 with power looms for cotton weaving. Motorcycles were added in 1952, and car production began in 1956.
Building on its success in the 1960s with racing two-strokes, Suzuki decided to create a large-capacity multicylinder sports bike for road riders.
In 1952, handicapped Russian veterans of World War II (or the “Great Patriotic War” as it was called in the USSR) received their long overdue motorized transportation in the form of an open three-wheeler, the SL1.