Schwinn made tandems on their Paramount production line from 1969-1979. The Paramount name was reserved for top-of-the-line Schwinns. Today, this factory continues to make bicycles under the name Waterford Precision Cycles.
It may seem hard to believe, but the manufacturer of the Scootacar also produced railroad locomotives. The Scootacar was developed in 1957 by the Hunslet Engine Works of Leeds, Yorkshire, UK, by Henry Brown, using a Villiers two stroke engine.
It may seem hard to believe, but the manufacturer of the Scootacar also produced railroad locomotives. The Scootacar was developed in 1957 by the Hunslet Engine Works of Leeds, Yorkshire, UK, by Henry Brown.
SEAB (Societe d'Exploitation et d'Application des Brevet) was perhaps best-known as the manufacturer of the plastic bodies used on Citroën's Mehari, but they later became a manufacturer of vehicules sans permis, or "unlicensed" microcars - cars small enough to not require the legalities of full-sized autos.
Those sold as Puch’s had two carburetors, while the sears bikes had to make do with one carburetor. The Sabre is the late-model Puch street replacement for the “Compact.” The 5-hp engine and saddle seat was powerful and roomy for two. Puch stopped manufacturing motorcycles in 1986.
This company began under the name “Sicam” in 1912 and produced a small cyclecar. In the early 1920s they began making 98cc engines for attaching to bicycles. By 1924, the company was reformed under the new name for the purpose of making the Sima-Violet.
In 1958 Simca updated the Aronde and made the body more modern-looking. The model here is called the Plein Ciel, which means "full sky", because of the generous amount of window area. The bodies were built by the Parisian coachbuilder Facel.
The origins of Simca date back to 1922 when Teodoro Enrico Pigozzi was sent to France to buy scrap metal for the FIAT works. Instead, he settled in France, was appointed FIAT’s main distributor, and began manufacturing cars in 1928.
Country of Origin: France
Sté Industrielle de Mécanique et Carrosserie Automobile (S.I.M.C.A.)
The Sinclair c5 is a 3-wheeled, battery operated vehicle invented by Sir Clive Sinclair. The C5 is a recumbent tricycle steered by handles on either side of the driver’s seat, and it may be either pedaled or battery powered.
This little 6 ½’ long ski-tug was produced in Hamburg, Germany for the leisure market in Europe and the US, and was quite popular before the popularity of more mainstream personal watercraft. This 24hp engine was the first large-scale production of a rotary.