Beginning Sun. Dec 26th through Mon. Jan 31st, Lane Motor Museum staff will resume indoor masking in public places, regardless of vaccination status. It will be RECOMMENDED that all guests wear a mask while visiting the museum.
Please note that the cars or exhibit items shown in this database are part of our collection but may not be on display when you visit.
In 1978, Saab debuted the replacing its long-serving 99 model. Saab kept much of the 99’s body lines, but it was a complete redesign from the front seats forward, making the 900 much longer and lower than the 99.
Founded in 1937, Saab AB, "Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget" (Swedish for "Swedish Aeroplane Corporation"), made aircraft for Sweden’s air force during World War II, as the country defended its neutrality. As hostilities wound down, the company shifted its focus from fighter planes to designing an automobile.
Beginning in the early 1950s, many amateur race cars were nothing more than a street car with some limited modifications. Competitors often drove their cars to the track, raced, and then drove the car home.
Saab’s Model 93, introduced Dec. 1, 1955, was only the company’s second automotive model, and was the first to be exported in significant numbers – most came to the US. The 93 was designed by famed Swedish industrial designer Sixten Sason.
In 1935 Californian E. Foster Salsbury, an innovative businessman, was impressed when he saw pioneering aviator Amelia Earhart using an old small motorized two-wheeler Motoped around Burbank’s Lockheed Airport. He had a vision for “a cheap and cheerful vehicle that would propel the country forward to prosperous times.”
Envisioned by Louis Bertetto, president of the Automobile Club Milano, and Romulus Tavoni, former sporting director for Ferrari, as an entry-level racing formula in 1964, Formula Monza 875 was both an affordable and educational series for up-and-coming drivers.
Parisian racer and auto enthusiast Jean-Claude Hrubon created this shortened version of the Mini Moke. Mr. Hrubon started production in 1980, but quickly sold the manufacturing rights in 1981 to Bernard Schmitt, who produced most of the cars.
Schwinn made tandems on their Paramount production line from 1969-1979. The Paramount name was reserved for top-of-the-line Schwinns. Today, this factory continues to make bicycles under the name Waterford Precision Cycles.