Beginning Sun. Dec 26th through Mon. Jan 31st, Lane Motor Museum staff will resume indoor masking in public places, regardless of vaccination status. It will be RECOMMENDED that all guests wear a mask while visiting the museum.
Please note that the cars or exhibit items shown in this database are part of our collection but may not be on display when you visit.
This French manufacturer built its first motorcar in 1891. In the early days of the automobile, the company led the way in French car design and motor racing. By the 1930s, Panhard had become known for its medium sized and touring cars.
This car is a one-off prototype built by Ghia-Aigle of Lugano, Switzerland for the 1954 Geneva Auto Show. The body is hand-formed aluminum and the chassis and drivetrain are identical to the Panhard Dyna Jr found nearby.
René Panhard and Emilé Levassor built their first car in 1890, a mid-engined, back-to-back horseless carriage. The following year, they built what many consider to be the first modern car, in terms of architecture: front mounted engine, clutch mounted between the engine and gearbox, and a driven rear axle.
The 6 CS Panoramique sedan debuted in 1934, introducing small quarter windows to the A-pillar in order to improve outward visibility (hence the “Panoramic” name). This car would have been considered a high-end luxury car of its time.
In 2000, Martin Ogilvie designed a car for the British Hillclimb series. This series has one rule - engine size. Martin focused on making the car as light as possible (460 pounds) and took every aspect of this car to the edge.
Peel Engineering holds a unique place in automotive history for producing the world's smallest car (P-50) and the world's smallest 2-seater car (the Trident). The Peel Trident was an evolution of the P-50. It was made slightly larger to accommodate two modest-size adults.
In 2010 several people joined forces and again began producing both the P-50 and Trident.They were able to use the original Peel name because the trademark had lapsed. The 2013 Trident seen here is from the new Peel Engineering Company in England.