Beginning Sun. Dec 26th through Mon. Jan 31st, Lane Motor Museum staff will resume indoor masking in public places, regardless of vaccination status. It will be RECOMMENDED that all guests wear a mask while visiting the museum.
Please note that the cars or exhibit items shown in this database are part of our collection but may not be on display when you visit.
Birmingham Small Arms was started in 1861. Its main products were machine guns, shotguns and rifles. In 1880 B.S.A. also started to build bicycles. B.S.A.’s first cars were produced in 1907, and cars made from 1907 to 1915 were of the conventional 4-wheel type. B.S.A.
The original design of the Spatz was penned by German automaker Egon Brütsch. He was one of the world’s most prolific microcar engineers and designed eleven different car models between 1952 and 1958, such as the Mopetta—but he hardly sold any.
This car is a mystery to us. Lane Motor Museum purchased it from a seller in England. We were purchasing the 1924 Citroën 5CV which is located in the French section, and he asked if we would also like this car.
Berkeley was Britain’s leading caravan maker in the 1950s. In 1956, Lawrie Bond approached Charles Panter of Berkeley Caravans with his new design. It was an ideal project for Berkeley who had developed considerable skills in the use of fiberglass and were looking for something to fill the gaps in the very seasonal caravan market.
The Bertone X1/9 is a two-seater sports car designed by Bertone and built by Fiat. Intended to be the first affordable mid-engined sports car, the X1/9 is notable for its sharp styling and impeccable handling.
Bianchi was established by Edoardo Bianchi in 1885 Milan Italy, making Bianchi the world’s oldest bicycle company still in existence. Edoardo Bianchi was considered to be the Henry Ford of the bicycle industry.
A short-lived classic! The BMW 320 was built for just one year. First presented in July 1937, the 320 showed a close resemblance to the transitional 329. The 320 was smaller, lighter, and less expensive than its predecessor. The 320 was a high performance car with many admirers.
In 1957, BMW brought out a 4-seater development of the Isetta. The 600 (named for its engine size), has two doors: the swing-up front door as on the Isetta, and a door on the right side for passengers.
The first generation of BMW 6 Series grand touring cars was the E24, a two-door sports coupé, produced from January 1976 to 1989, which replaced the BMW E9 coupé. Paul Bracq, noted for his prior work at Mercedes-Benz, Citroën, and Peugeot, was the Design Director at BMW when he developed the E24.