Lane Motor Museum is looking for your help! If you are interested in supporting the Museum as a volunteer while also having fun – we are looking for you!
As a volunteer, you would generally need to be available one to two days each month on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday afternoon. Volunteer shifts will be for 3-4 hours per shift.
Mostly, our volunteers are assigned to assist the public out on the exhibit floor and to assist with basement tours.
Example assignments may include:
- Answering guest questions (to the best of your knowledge) and engaging with guests when approached.
- Dusting cars. There are microfiber dusters located at the Front Desk in the far left cabinet.
- “Caboosing” basement tours; that is, you will follow behind the basement tour groups and ensure guests stay together and inside the yellow lines.
- Ensuring guests do not get into the cars or touch them. You may open doors and hoods for genuinely interested guests when asked.
- Immediately: 10% off gift shop purchases
- After 6 total hours of logged Volunteer time: Free One-Year Member/Guest Museum Membership.
- After 12 total hours of logged Volunteer time: Occasionally, you will be asked to help in driving some of the collection to various events, provided you have a good driving record.
- After 12 total hours of logged Volunteer time: Access to the library. (Please ask Rex first)
If you are interested in volunteering, please call Rex Bennett at (615) 742-7445 for more information.
If you're ready now, go ahead and fill out our Volunteer Application!