October 12 & October 19, 2019
Ever dream of driving that special vintage car that you’ve seen at a national car show? Lane Motor Museum can make your dream come true on October 12 or October 19 at our Tenth Annual Rally for The Lane!
The Rally for The Lane is your chance to experience one of our rare and unique cars in a full day rally where you get to drive the car! The museum has selected 56 cars from its collection that participants will be able to purchase the right to drive on the rally. Registration will close when 25 have been registered for that day's Rally event.
In addition to being a full day of fun for you and your guests, this Rally is a fundraiser for Lane Motor Museum that raised over $42,325last year. The money raised helps to defray the costs of owning, housing, restoring and maintaining the over 500 cars in our collection!
The day will begin at the museum with some car familiarization time and a personal driving lesson in your chosen vehicle as well as a pre-Rally breakfast sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance. The rally will kick-off at 9:00 a.m. and we'll all head towards Ashland City, TN. Past rallies have included over 160 miles of driving over the course of the day.
Click here to jump to the list of cars This year for our Tenth Anniversary we will be heading Northwest of Nashville on a Rally route reminiscent of the first ever Rally route to Ashland City where we will enjoy lunch (Restaurant TBD).
Following lunch, we will begin the second half of the Rally working our way back to the museum to enjoy a post-rally reception and private access to the museum's vault!
Finally, for those who would like to continue the fun, we have planned an optional group dinner that will be held in the museum's exhibit area- surrounded by our displayed collection! This year's caterer will be announced prior to the registration period.
Tenth Annual Rally for The Lane- 2019 Event Schedule*:
Saturday, October 12, 2019, and Saturday, October 19, 2019
7:00am - 7:00pm (Central Time)
(*Times are approximate and are subject to change as we finalize Rally routes/schedule.)
|7:00 am||Arrive at Lane Motor Museum for registration and a light pre-Rally breakfast sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance. Everyone will have a chance to look around the museum and the drivers (max of 2 per vehicle) will receive a personal driving lesson in their car.|
|9:15 am||Pre-rally meeting and group photo.|
|9:30 am||First car out – (cars will leave 1 minute apart; slower cars will leave last).|
|11:30 am||Lunch (Restaurant TBD) |
|1:00 pm||After lunch... |
|2:00 pm||Line up for the second half of the Rally route as we head back towards the museum.|
|4:30 pm||Arrive at the museum. Enjoy a post-Rally reception and private access to the museum's "Vault" collection-- an area not normally open to the public.|
|6:00 pm||(OPTIONAL- Requires separate RSVP/payment) Time to relax with a group dinner that will take place in the museum exhibit area. Cost of dinner will be $20/person and the option to add this will be available during the final the registration period (June 1- September 13).|
The Rally for The Lane includes:
-The right to drive the reserved vehicle* during the Rally for The Lane
Lane Motor Museum reserves the right to deny any participant the right to drive if we believe the driver is unable to operate the vehicle in a safe manner.
All efforts will be made to make sure the selected vehicle is in driving condition for the Rally. If any car is deemed undrivable we will offer you a choice of another vehicle or the option of a full refund. In the case of inclement weather, those in convertibles without tops will be offered an alternative
-The ability to register up to 2-4 participants per car (determined by the car's capacity).
A max of two participants per vehicle may be designated as drivers; if the car allows for more participants, all others must be passengers.
Drivers must be at least 25 years of age with a valid driver's license and insurance. If you have had any major traffic citations you may not be eligible. A DUI or any other alcohol or drug-related citation is automatic ineligibility for 3 years following the incident.
Passengers must be at least 13 years old (by the date of the Rally).
-Each registered participant in your car (1-4 total, depending on capacity) will receive:
- Pre-Rally Breakfast at Lane Motor Museum-- sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance.
- Participation in all the activities scheduled for the Rally.
- An official Rally T-shirt & poster.
- Lunch (restaurant TBD)
- A one-year membership to Lane Motor Museum. (Current members will receive a one-year extension of their memberships)
- Participants who pay the museum directly for their participation (by paying either the 50% reservation fee and/or the final 50% registration fee) will receive a tax certificate that will detail the museum's estimate of the tax-deductible value for participation. We will issue up to 2 tax letters per car after we have collected the funds. Tax certificates are only issued to individuals whose name appears on the payment information.
*Registration information is required for EACH participant (drivers and passenger) who will be attending the Rally. Please note that items like t-shirts can only be guaranteed if participant information is received by the September 13 deadline. Registrations not completed by September 13th WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE. NO registration information will be accepted after the deadline.
Steps for Reserving a Car. To fully understand the reservation process, please read each item.
- Scroll through the list of cars below to see which cars are still available for each day of the rally. If you would like to learn more about any car, click on the photo of the car for more information.
- Participants of the 2018 Rally for The Lane receive access to a special pre-sale opportunity starting Wednesday, March 13, 2019. Details will be emailed to past participants.
- Any cars remaining after the pre-sale will go on sale as follows:
- October 12, 2019: I'm sorry this Date has sold out.
- October 19, 2019: I'm sorry this Date has sold out.
- Until this time, the registration pages will be protected with a password. Cars already sold in the pre-sale will be marked as sold.
- To reserve a car, you will be charged a non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of the car's participation value.
- If you plan to split the car with a second party or would like to add the post-Rally dinner, this will be handled during the registration period from June 1- September 13, 2019, when you will submit the names and information of all participants in your car as well as driver's license & insurance information for all drivers in the car (not needed for passengers).
- **IMPORTANT** If you attempt to purchase a car at the same time as another person you will get an error that says: "There was a problem with your submission. Sorry, but the quantity has been exceeded." You can then scroll down the page and make another selection and you should only see a payment screen if successful. BUT—different browsers and operating systems may work differently so, if needed, you may need to manually refresh the screen. If you are not taken to a payment screen and do not complete payment, the car is not reserved.
- After reserving your car you will receive an email that confirms your reservation. There will be nothing else required until the registration period on June 1- September 13, 2019.
- When reserving a car, you are agreeing to a non-refundable deposit to hold your space. However, we understand that plans sometimes change and will consider requests for cancellation if received by August 14th, 2019 (emergencies will be handled past this date on a case-by-case basis). We will make all possible efforts to find someone to take your spot but, since many times we will have been holding your reservation for several months, we are only able to refund your deposit if we are able to find another participant to take your place. This is not always possible as we get closer to the end of our registration period. We will first offer the spot to those on our waitlist in the order that they joined the waitlist. If the waitlist is exhausted we will post to the museum's email list and social media to attempt to find a replacement.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS, including both drivers and passengers, will be required to sign a participation waiver. This will be done the morning of the Rally when you check-in and receive your Rally packets.
Have more questions? Check out our Rally for The Lane Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your support of Lane Motor Museum!