Daily demonstrations at 11am, free with admission!
The Coronet is an attempt to offer full-size car looks in a three-wheeled microcar. It came as a two- or three-seater convertible. The engine is in the rear, sitting in front of the one rear wheel. It was designed by David Gottlieb and Coachbuilders’ James Whitson & Company provided the fiberglass body as well as made and assembled most of the rest of the car. The Coronet’s chassis used suspension and steering components from the standard 8. The Coronet maintains approximately 60 miles to the gallon. When it appeared in 1957, it was advertised as “the world’s best three-wheeler.”