Job Posted 2-16-2017
Title: Automotive Mechanic
Reports To: Lead Mechanic
Areas of Responsibility: Work in Restoration Shop
EEO Category: 7200
Basic Function: To support the mechanical restoration staff at Lane Motor Museum
Functions and Responsibilities
We are a maintenance, repair and restoration shop servicing the needs of Lane Motor Museum’s collection of automobiles, motorcycles and other machinery. The mission of the shop is to preserve, maintain and repair the collection in good working order and to restore selected pieces.
We are seeking to add an individual to our three person technical team. The primary responsibility will be maintenance and repair. A good candidate should have strong and broad mechanical skills in basic mechanical service and maintenance; routine work will be in braking systems, both mechanical and hydraulic; suspension and steering; tuning, ignition and fuel system service and repair.
Additional skills that would be useful include:
- Engine, transmission, and differential overhaul and repair
- 2-cycle engine repair
- Advanced electrical system repair and overhaul as well as knowledge of modern electronic systems and fuel injection
- Bodywork, metal fabrication, and welding
- Machining on mill and lathe
Candidate should be willing and enthusiastic about the opportunity to learn and grow their skills in a challenging mechanical environment.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
1. High school or equivalent
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to work as a member of a team as well as on your own is expected
3. A varied schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends, will be required
4. Qualified applicants will, at the Museum’s expense, take and pass a DOT physical and drug screening, as well as a background check
Compensation is based on qualifications and annual reviews will assess growth in job proficiency. Salary range is $35,000-$45,000 annually. Salary based on a 40 hour work week. We enjoy 6 paid holidays/year, and earn 20 days/year of paid time off. Health insurance is available.
Lane Motor Museum’s Mission Statement
The mission of Lane Motor Museum shall be to collect, preserve, document, and interpret a mostly European collection of automobiles and motorcycles for the public, through both static displays and active demonstrations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current position, other or different tasks may be required when and if circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).