Weekend Activity Coordinator (Posted June 27, 2017)
Would you love to spend every other weekend talking about our unique cars with museum guests? Lane Motor Museum is seeking someone with an outgoing, friendly personality and the gift of gab to assist guests and to manage weekend activities.
Duties May Include:
- Escorting guests on guided tours of the museum “vault” area.
- Supervise museum volunteers during their shift.
- Running the cash register in the admissions desk/gift shop area during a lunch break.
- Coordinating car clubs and other groups.
- Answering questions from museum guests.
- Demonstrating museum vehicles for guests.
- Assisting with family-friendly events for kids.
A love of cars (especially the type found in our collection), people and a willingness to speak publicly are all essential for this position. Typical hours are Saturday and Sunday, approximately two weekends per month, from 9:30am-5:00pm though there may be some exceptions.
Physical demands of this position include standing and walking for extended periods of time and the ability to ascend & descend stairs.
Pre-employment screening including a background check will be required. Pay for this position is hourly and will be between $10-12/hr, commensurate with experience.
Lane Motor Museum is home to the largest collection of European automobiles in the U.S. with over 150 unique cars and motorcycles on display. Learn more about the museum online at www.lanemuseum.org.