September 19, 2015 & October 3, 2015
Ever dream of driving that special vintage car that you’ve seen at a national car show? Lane Motor Museum can make your dream come true on September 19 or October 3 at our Sixth Annual Rally for The Lane!
The Rally for The Lane is your chance to experience one of our rare and unique cars in a full day rally where you get to drive the car! The museum has selected 48 cars from its collection that participants will be able to purchase the right to drive on the rally. Registration will close when approximately 25 have been registered for that day's Rally event. Hear what our past participants have had to say!
In 2013 Road & Track magazine sent not one but two journalists to cover this unusual event-- check out what they had to say!
In addition to being a full day of fun for you and your guests, this Rally is a fundraiser for Lane Motor Museum that raised over $35,000 last year. The money raised helps to defray the costs of owning, housing, restoring and maintaining the over 330 cars in our collection!
The day will begin at the museum with some car familiarization time and a personal driving lesson in your chosen vehicle as well as a pre-Rally breakfast sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance. The rally will kick-off at 9:00 a.m. and we'll all head towards Bowling Green, KY. Past rallies have included over 160 miles of driving over the course of the day.
This year we will be heading North of Nashville on a Rally route that will take us to Bowling Green, KY and the National Corvette Museum where we will enjoy a visit to the museum as well as a delicious lunch, catered at the museum.
Finally, for those who would like to continue the fun we have planned an optional group dinner that will be held in the museum's exhibit area- surrounded by our cars! Nashville favorite,Joey's House of Pizza, will be serving their delicious, homemade Italian specialities! Cost of dinner will be $20/person and will be available as an option during the registration period. (Registration happens July 1-August 31 and is when participants who have reserved a car will pay the additional 50% owed, pay for optional dinner reservations and supply the registration information for all the participants in the car so we can order t-shirts and finalize lunch & dinner numbers for the event).
Rally for The Lane- 2015 Event Schedule*:
Saturday, September 19, 2015 or Saturday, October 3, 2015
7:00am - 6:30pm (Central Time)
(*Times are approximate and are subject to change as we finalize Rally routes/schedule.)
|7:30 am||Arrive at Lane Motor Museum for Registration and a light pre-Rally breakfast sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance. Everyone will have a chance to look around the museum and the drivers (max of 2 per vehicle) will receive a personal driving lesson in their car.|
|9:15 am||Pre-rally meeting and group photo.|
|9:30 am||First car out – (cars will leave 1 minute apart; slower cars will leave last).|
|11:30 am||Lunch at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY.|
|1:00 pm||After lunch we will have some free time to visit the museum.|
|2:00 pm||Line up for the second half of the Rally route as we head back towards the museum.|
|4:30 pm||Arrive at the museum. Enjoy a post-Rally reception and private access to the museum's basement collection.|
|6:00 pm||(OPTIONAL- Requires separate RSVP/payment) Time to relax with a group dinner that will take place in the museum exhibit area. This year we will enjoy a meal from Nashville favorite, Joey's House of Pizza, who will be serving their delicious, homemade Italian specialities! Cost of dinner will be $20/person and the option to add this will be available during final registration when you pay the second half of the car registration fee.|
Registering a Car for the Rally for The Lane includes:
- The right to drive the registered vehicle** during the Rally for The Lane.
(**Please note that all efforts will be made to make sure the selected vehicle is in driving condition for the Rally. If any car is deemed undrivable we will offer you your choice of another vehicle or the option of a full refund.)
- Lane Motor Museum reserves the right to deny any participant the right to drive if we believe the driver is unable to operate the vehicle in a safe manner.
- The ability to register up to 2-4 participants per car (determined by the car's capacity). A max of two participants per vehicle may be designated as drivers; if the car allows for more participants, all others must be passengers.
- Drivers must be at least 25 years of age with a valid driver's license and insurance. Passengers must be at least 13 years old. If you have had any major traffic citations you may not be eligible. A DUI or any other alcohol or drug related citation is automatic inelegibility for 3 years following the incident.
- Each participant registered in your group for this car (2-4 total, depending on the car) will receive all the privileges of Rally for The Lane registration including*:
- Participation in the Pre-Rally Breakfast at Lane Motor Museum-- sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance.
- Participation in all the activities scheduled for the Rally.
- An official Rally T-shirt & poster.
- Lunch provided at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY.
- A commemorative Dash Plaque.
- A one year membership to Lane Motor Museum. (Current members will receive a one year extension of their memberships)
- Participants of the previous year's Rally are given access to a special pre-sale opportunity for the next year of the Rally for The Lane!
- Participants who pay the museum directly for their participation by paying either the 50% reservation fee and/or the final 50% registration fee will receive a tax certificate that will detail the museum's estimate of the tax deductible value for participation. We issue up to 2 per car and only when we have actually collected the funds from a participant. If you split a car with another driver on your own and the other person does not pay their half directly to the museum they will not get a tax certificate.
*Registration information is required for EACH participant (driver or passenger) who will be attending the Rally. Please note that items like t-shirts can only be guaranteed if participant information is received by the August 31st deadline.
Steps for Reserving a Car. To fully understand the reservation process, please read each item.
- Scroll through the list of available cars below to see which cars are still available for each day of the rally. If you would like to learn more about any car, click on the photo of the car for more information.
- The September 19, 2015 date will go on sale to the public Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 10am.
- The October 3, 2015 date will go on sale to the public Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 10am.
- Until this time, the registration pages will be protected with a password. Please note that participants of the previous year Rally are allowed a pre-sale period so many of the cars are already registered before the public on-sale dates. Cars that have already been registered will be marked as SOLD in the list below.
- When you're ready to reserve your car simply click the BUY NOW button on the date you wish to register the vehicle. You will be charged a non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of the car's value to reserve the car. If you plan to split the car with a second party or would like to add the post-Rally dinner, this will be handled during the registration period from July 1-August 31, 2015 when you will submit the names and information for all participants in your car as well as driver's license & insurance information for all drivers in the car (not needed for passengers).
- **IMPORTANT** Please note that during the first few hours of the event going on sale, cars can sell very quickly and therefore can be double booked. We willl be monitoring this very closely and removing cars from the list as soon as they sell to help prevent this but it's a manual process so there can be a lag between us removing a car and a purchase being made. We will let you know immediately if we see a double booking so you can reserve another car and the first car will be refunded by the end of the day (though it may take 5-7 days for the refund to appear on your credit card).
- After reserving your car you will receive an email that confirms your reservation. There will be nothing else required until the registration period from July 1-August 31, 2015.
- Any requests for cancellation must be received by August 15th to be considered. We will make all possible efforts to find someone to take your spot but, since many times we will have been holding your reservation for up to six months, we are only able to refund your deposit if we are able to find another participant to take your place. We will first offer the spot to those on our wait list in the order that they joined the wait list. If the wait list is exhausted we will post to the museum's email list and social media to attempt to find a replacement.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS, drivers and passengers, will be required to sign a hold harmless agreement. This will be done the morning of the Rally when you check-in and receive your Rally packets.
Have more questions? Check out our Rally for The Lane Frequently Asked Questions