September 20, 2014 & October 4, 2014
Ever dream of driving that special vintage car that you’ve seen at a national car show? Lane Motor Museum can make your dream come true on September 20 or October 4 at our Fifth Annual Rally for The Lane!
The Rally for The Lane is your chance to experience one of our rare and unique cars in a full day rally where you get to drive the car! The museum has selected 48 cars from its collection that participants will be able to purchase the right to drive on the rally. Registration will close when approximately 25 have been registered for that day's Rally event. Hear what our past participants have had to say!
Last year, Road & Track magazine sent not one but two journalists to cover this unusual event-- check out what they had to say!
In addition to being a full day of fun for you and your guests, this Rally is a fundraiser for Lane Motor Museum that raised nearly $35,000 last year. The money raised helps to defray the costs of owning, housing, restoring and maintaining the over 330 cars in our collection!
The day will begin at the museum with some car familiarization time and a personal driving lesson in your chosen vehicle as well as a pre-Rally breakfast sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance. The rally will kick-off at 9:00 a.m. and we'll all head towards Ashland City, TN. Past rallies have included over 160 miles of driving over the course of the day.
This is a gimmick rally, which means there are questions to answer along the way but it is not a timed event. If you prefer to just enjoy the drive, the questions are optional! The directions will be very clear as we do not want participants getting lost.
When we arrive in Ashland City, we will all gather at Riverbluff Park where Jeff Lane will offer rides on the Cumberland River in our 1964 Amphicar!
Following rides in the Amphicar we will head across the river to the Riverview Restaurant for a relaxing meal! The Riverview Restaurant is not only a great place to eat but a real success story. After the floods devastated many parts of Nashville in 2010, this 60 year old restaurant was completely destroyed. The community rallied around them to help them rebuild and the new restaurant is bigger and better as a result! Each May 2nd they pay it forward by donating the net proceeds from that day's sale to help another small business that was affected by a disaster!
Following lunch we will begin the second half of the Rally as we work our way back to the museum where we'll enjoy a post-rally reception, a private tour of the museum's basement collection and a trophy presentation!
Finally, for those who would like to continue the fun we have planned an optional group dinner that will be held in the museum's exhibit area- surrounded by our cars! Taziki's Mediterranean Café will be serving up their unique blend of southern style Mediterranean food including Taziki's dip with pita chips, grilled chicken with roasted new potatoes, their signature pasta, pesto crostinis, mini pork sandwiches, Greek salad and dessert! Cost of dinner will be $20/person and will be available as an option during the registration period (Registration happens July 1-August 31 and is when participants who have reserved a car will pay the additional 50% owed, pay for optional dinner reservations and supply the registration information for all the participants in the car so we can order t-shirts and finalize lunch & dinner numbers for the event.)
Rally for The Lane- 2014 Event Schedule*:
Saturday, September 20, 2014 or Saturday, October 4, 2014
7:00am - 6:30pm (Central Time)
(*Times are approximate and are subject to change as we finalize Rally routes.)
|7:00 am||Arrive at Lane Motor Museum for Registration and a light pre-Rally breakfast sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance. Everyone will have a chance to look around the museum and the drivers (max of 2 per vehicle) will receive a personal driving lesson in their car.|
|8:45 am||Pre-rally meeting and group photo.|
|9:00 am||First car out – (cars will leave 1 minute apart; slower cars will leave last).|
|12:00 pm||Arrive at the Riverbluff Park for rides on the Cumberland River in the museum's 1964 Amphicar!|
|1:00 pm||Head across the river for lunch at Ashland City's Riverview Restaurant.|
|2:30 pm||Rally resumes – (cars will leave in 1-minute intervals).|
|5:30 pm||Return to the museum. Enjoy a post-Rally reception and private access to the museum's basement collection.|
|6:30 pm||Trophy presentation!|
|7:00 pm||(OPTIONAL- Requires separate RSVP/payment) Time to relax with a group dinner that will take place in the museum exhibit area and will be a southern style Meditteranean meal from Taziki's Mediterranean Café. Cost of dinner will be $20/person and the option to add this will be available during final registration when you pay the second half of the car registration fee.)|
Registering a Car for the Rally for The Lane includes:
- The right to drive the registered vehicle** during the Rally for The Lane.
(**Please note that all efforts will be made to make sure the selected vehicle is in driving condition for the Rally. If any car is deemed undrivable we will offer you your choice of another vehicle or the option of a full refund.)
- The ability to register up to 2-4 participants per car (determined by the car's capacity). A max of two participants per vehicle may be designated as drivers; if the car allows for more participants, all others must be passengers.
- Drivers must be at least 25 years of age with a valid driver's license and passengers must be at least 13 years old (this is a change from past years when the minimum was 16). If you have had any major traffic citations you may not be eligible. A DUI or any other alcohol or drug related citation is automatic inelegibility for 3 years following the incident.
- Each participant registered in your group for this car (2-4 total, depending on the car) will receive all the privileges of Rally for The Lane registration including*:
- Participation in the Pre-Rally Breakfast at Lane Motor Museum-- sponsored by Hagerty Collector Car Insurance.
- Participation in all the activities scheduled for the Rally.
- An official Rally T-shirt & poster.
- Rides in the museum's 1964 Amphicar.
- Lunch provided at the Riverview Restaurant in Ashland City, TN.
- A one year membership to Lane Motor Museum. (Current members will receive a one year extension of their memberships)
- Participants of the previous year's Rally are given access to a special pre-sale for future years of the Rally for The Lane!
*Registration information is required for EACH participant (driver or passenger) who will be attending the Rally. Please note that items like t-shirts can only be guaranteed if participant information is received by the August 31st deadline.
Steps for Registration: (Links to reserve a car will be active starting Tues, March 4, 2014 at 10am central time. Password protection will be removed at this time)
- Scroll through the list of available cars below to see which cars are still available for each day of the rally. If you would like to learn more about any car, click on the photo of the car for more information.
- When you're ready to reserve your car simply click the BUY NOW button on the date you wish to register the vehicle. You will be charged a non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of the car's value to reserve the car. If you plan to split the car with a second party or would like to add dinner, this will be handled during the registration period from July 1-August 31, 2014 when you will submit the names and information for all participants in your car as well as driver's license & insurance information for all drivers in the car (not needed for passengers).
NOTE: Registrations range from $525-925 depending on the car. Password protection will be removed from the registration links starting March 4, 2014 at 10am central time. Please note that since past participants are given access to an exclusive pre-sale, many spots are pre-sold so please come back to this site at the time of the public on-sale to see what is still available. Thank you!
- IMPORTANT-- Please note that during the first few hours of the event going on sale, cars can sell very quickly and therefore can be double booked. We willl be monitoring this very closely and removing cars from the list as soon as they sell to help prevent this but it's a manual process so there can be a lag between us removing a car and a purchase being made. We will let you know immediately if we see a double booking so you can reserve another car (the first car will be refunded).
- After reserving your car you will receive an email that confirms your reservation. There will be nothing else required until the registration period from July 1-August 31, 2014.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS will be required to sign a hold harmless agreement. This will be done the morning of the Rally when you check-in and receive your Rally packets.
Have more questions? Check out our
Rally for The Lane Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your support of Lane Motor Museum!