Lane Motor Museum is located in the former Sunbeam Bakery. The building, circa 1950, has high ceilings, natural light, and hand-crafted brick and maple wood flooring. The main floor has open space, where the collection of over 150 vehicles resides. The Museum is the perfect setting for your corporate or special occasion and can host up to 350 for a seated dinner and more for an event that requires less space on the museum floor (though additional parking services may be needed for larger groups that are not brought to the museum by bus).
In most cases, a private, evening rental of the museum is $3,000 (daytime hours are sometimes available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when the museum is closed to the public). We offer a 10% discount for 501(c)3 non-profit organizations. More information about what this price includes is listed below the photos. In addition, we ask for a $500 security deposit. The security deposit will be fully refunded within two weeks after your event if the museum is cleaned properly following the event and there is no damage to the cars or the facility.
Small events for groups of approximately 60 or less can be accommodated for a smaller fee by using our meeting room during normal museum operating hours. The meeting room is not available alone after hours.
- A private, after-hours rental of the museum for you and your guests from approximately 5:30pm-11:00 pm (with clean-up completed by midnight). (Daytime hours are sometimes available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when we are closed). This includes the ability to hold your event on the main floor of the museum, surrounded by the cars. We will work with you to customize a plan for your event.
- If needed, some set-up for the event may begin during business hours and will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the start time of the event and how extensive the event set-up is. (*Because the museum closes at 5 pm, we suggest that no event starts earlier than 5:30 pm to allow time to clear museum visitors from the exhibit area.)
- Free use of the meeting room/food prep area before and during your event start time.
- Use of Twelve 6’ rectangular plastic folding tables. (We do not have linen tablecloths, however.)
- Use of 60 metal, folding chairs.
- Use of our podium with a built-in microphone/pa. Please note, if you need to project across a large area you may need to rent additional speakers to amplify the sound. We do not have additional a/v equipment but can refer you to local vendors for rental needs.
- Free parking for your guests. The museum has approximately 96 lined parking spaces available as follows: 17 spots, including 2 disabled, are in the front of the building split between the side and front parking areas; the remaining 79 are located behind the museum. However, we have ample unlined areas behind the building that can be utilized to increase available, on-site parking to approximately 200 vehicles with the use of directed parking staff and approximately 250 with valet parking.
- A museum staff person will be at the building during your event to assist as needed.
A few other notes about holding your event with us:
- Set-up and break-down/clean-up of the event is the responsibility of the client/rental company/caterer.
- When contracting rental items you will need to work with your vendor to negotiate a short window of time to deliver and set up tables/chairs for your event. Depending on the size of your set up we generally ask that rental items are not delivered earlier than 2 pm. They can then be picked up at the end of the event or the following morning. If they will be picked up the following morning they must come to pick up between 9:45-10:30 am to avoid as much disruption as possible with museum visitors. If they can not be picked up by the next morning then you will be responsible for removing the items from the museum floor at the end of the event. (They may be required to come earlier or later if your set up includes staging since this is often very loud to assemble)
- If you serve alcohol at your event you must have an ABC licensed bartender. If there is a cash bar (as opposed to complimentary) you must hire a caterer or bartending service that is licensed to sell alcohol.
- You may use a caterer of your choosing though they will need to provide us with a certificate of insurance. If you need suggestions, we can provide these.
- You may have a DJ or band at your event. We will need to know what their set-up needs are. We do not have staging available.
- If there will be dancing, you may need to rent a dance floor. Many of our floors are original to the building and can be badly scratched and damaged from dancing.
- We ask that the client or the caterer provide a Certificate of Insurance for 1,000,000 in coverage, with Lane Motor Museum as an additional insured, for the date of the event.