Daily demonstrations at 11AM, FREE with admission!
Please note that the cars or exhibit items shown in this database are part of our collection but may not be on display when you visit.
Lawrie Bond designed his first three-wheeler in 1948. His most famous, the Bond Minicar, was the longest-lived and most successful of Britain’s minimal motoring cars. The replacement for the minicar was the Bond 875. It was first publicly announced in August 1965 and production began a year later. The 875 was a complete change for Bond; the vehicle was like nothing they had produced before. Unlike other Bonds, it was fast–powered by a rear-mounted Hillman imp engine which gave the vehicle a top speed of 80 - 90 mph. The fiberglass shell of the 875 consisted of three parts: two bonded together for the main compartment and the other a bolt-on nose-section. The aluminum doors were the only non-fiberglass body parts. Bond was purchased by Reliant in 1969. Being a rival to the Reliant Company’s 3-wheelers, the 875 was an immediate casualty.
Manufacturer: Bond Cars Ltd.
Country of Origin: Great Britain
Drivetrain Configuration: Rear-engine, rear-wheel drive
Engine: Water-cooled, 875cc, 4 cylinders
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Top Speed: 90mph
Years of Production: 1965-1970
Number Produced: 3,431