Almost every museum eventually gets to the point that it faces storage limits, and institutions periodically evaluate their collections to weed out what no longer fits, what’s unlikely to be displayed, or what they may have gotten a better example of.
That’s what Lane Motor Museum is currently doing. As our focus evolves and sharpens, our Director and Curator have studied the Collection with an eye to the above, and made some hard choices. In keeping with responsible collection management practices, we have made the decision to part with the following vehicles. Some are in great condition, some are project cars, with others somewhere in between. We would like to provide others with the opportunity to revive, restore, and enjoy these cars, rather than consigning them to decades of dark, dusty storage. Even though they may no longer be here, we will be continuing our mission of sharing these unique cars with the public.
Be assured, these selections were not made without considerable deliberation and discussion. We hope that making space for new acquisitions will allow us to strengthen the stories we are able to tell through our collection in the coming years.
These are the ONLY vehicles available at this time.
The following items in the Lane Motor Museum collection are being offered for sale:
- 1957 Maico 500 | $5,000 Needs complete restoration. Click through for more pictures.
- 1959 Lloyd LT-600 | $50,000 Recently restored. Near perfect condition. Click through for more pictures.
- 1960 Panhard Single Seat Race Car | $5,000 Project car; needs total restoration. Click through for more pictures.
- 1962 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 404 | $15,000 Gas-powered, average cosmetics, runs and drives. Click through for more pictures.
- 1963 Citroën 2CV kit car | $10,000 This is a 2CV chassis with a Citroën GSA engine (4-cylinder boxer, air-cooled). 2-seater fiberglass body. Runs and drives well. Good cosmetics with some crazing on the fiberglass. Click through for more pictures.
- 1964 Tatra 603 MKII Saloon | $35,000 Great Czech car with air-cooled 2472cc, OHV V8. Runs and drives. Click through for more pictures.
- 1966 Fiat 600 Multipla | $45,000 Good condition, transmission recently rebuilt. Runs and drives well. Click through for more pictures.
- 1967 Austin-Healey Sprite | $7,500 Good running car. High performance cam so engine is stronger than a normal 1275cc. Minilite-style wheels and roll bar. Cosmetics are average. Click through for more pictures.
- 1975 Citroën 2CV race car | $7,500 Good condition, a little banged up in places. It’s a race car, so no interior except for the racing seat. Right hand drive. Lowered suspension, straight-through exhaust. Engine is stock except for exhaust. Top speed is about 80mph. Not street legal. Click through for more pictures.
- 1975 Trabant 601P | $7,500 Convertible, nice driver and good cosmetics. Click through for more pictures.
- 1977 Fiat SEAT 133L | Click here for a Wikipedia article on the SEAT/Fiat 133 | $7,500 Nice running and driving car. Average condition. Click through for more pictures.
- 1983 Jaguar XJ6 | $10,000 Good running car, average condition. Nice cosmetics and good interior. 129,000 miles. Click through for more pictures.
- 1985 Porsche 928S | Click here for a Wikipedia article on the Porsche 928 | $12,500 Runs and drives well. Good paint, interior is poor. Cam belt changed in 2012. 97,600 miles. Click through for more pictures.
- 1997 Citroen Saxo Electronique | $20,000 Runs and drives in parking lot. Batteries charge up, but do not hold charge, and will likely need to be replaced. Nice cosmetics and good interior. 7,800km. Click through for more pictures.
- 2000 Huali Minivan TJ6350 | $5,000 Runs great, like new cosmetically. Brakes need work. Only 68km. Three speed transmission, so top speed is 25mph. Bill of sale only. Click through for more pictures.
- 2003 David Austin Hillclimb | $10,000 Built by an aircraft mechanic to a very high standard. Powered by a Suzuki GSXR 1000 motorcycle engine. It runs, but the brakes are not working. Good hill climb or auto cross car. One of a kind. Click through for more pictures.