Almost every museum eventually gets to the point that it faces storage limits, and institutions periodically evaluate their collections to weed out what no longer fits, what’s unlikely to be displayed, or what they may have gotten a better example of.
That’s what Lane Motor Museum is currently doing. As our focus evolves and sharpens, our Director and Curator have studied the Collection with an eye to the above, and made some hard choices. In keeping with responsible collection management practices, we have made the decision to part with the following vehicles. Some are in great condition, some are project cars, with others somewhere in between. We would like to provide others with the opportunity to revive, restore, and enjoy these cars, rather than consigning them to decades of dark, dusty storage. Even though they may no longer be here, we will be continuing our mission of sharing these unique cars with the public.
Be assured, these selections were not made without considerable deliberation and discussion. We hope that making space for new acquisitions will allow us to strengthen the stories we are able to tell through our collection in the coming years.
These are the ONLY vehicles available at this time.
The following items in the Lane Motor Museum collection are being offered for sale:
- 1936 Aero 30 | $10,000 Very rare Czech car. Good cosmetics. Brakes work and it runs but has an engine noise. Click through for more pictures.
- 1957 Maico 500 | $5,000 Needs complete restoration. Click through for more pictures.
- 1962 Alvis Stalwart FV620 MKII | $20,000 Has working 5-ton crane. Restored in England 20 years ago. Good condition. Runs and drives, brakes work. Click through for more pictures.
- 1962 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 404 | $15,000 Gas-powered, average cosmetics, runs and drives. Click through for more pictures.
- 1963 Citroën 2CV kit car | $10,000 This is a 2CV chassis with a Citroën GSA engine (4-cylinder boxer, air-cooled). 2-seater fiberglass body. Runs and drives well. Good cosmetics with some crazing on the fiberglass. Click through for more pictures.
- 1969 Rover 2000TC | $5,000 Runs and drives well. Cosmetics average to poor. Click through for more pictures.
- 1975 Citroën 2CV race car | $7,500
- 1975 Trabant 601P | $7,500 Convertible, nice driver and good cosmetics. Click through for more pictures.
- 1976 Lancia Scorpion | $12,000 Very good paint, interior is average. Runs and drives.