The Lane Motor Museum Driving Experience is your chance to get behind the wheel of one of Lane Motor Museum's cars, all while helping support the museum! Getting a tax deduction was never so fun!*
This is a brand new event for the museum and our 2017 events will take place in four different groups on:
Friday, July 7, 2017--
- Group 1: 9:00am-12:00pm -- Spots still available! CLICK TO REGISTER NOW
- Group 2: 1:30pm-4:30pm Spots still available! CLICK TO REGISTER NOW
Here's how it works!
The cost of registration is $247 for non-members and $225 for current members of Lane Motor Museum. Each driver may bring one guest passenger at no additional cost. Each group will have a maximum of 10 drivers and each driver may bring one guest at no additional cost.
When registering a spot for the event, each driver will be given a place in line based on the order that the registration was received. Cars will be selected on the event day on a first-come, first-served basis. This means that the first to register a place in the event will also be the first to pick the car of their choice on the event day! Registrants can choose from one of these 14 cars on the event day.
After selecting vehicles, each driver will receive a lesson in how to operate their vehicle from a member of the museum staff. Please be aware this is not a lesson in driving a manual transmission so drivers should be proficient in this skill prior to event day! After the training sessions are complete, everyone will line up and enjoy a beautiful drive of approximately 1.5 hours to Percy Warner Park and back to the museum. After returning to the museum, all participants will receive a private tour of the museum vault. The museum vault is a private area where the museum stores over 300 additional cars when they aren't on display! All participants will also receive wristbands that grant access to visit the museum exhibit area (either before or after their event)!
Day of Event Schedule (All events are rain or shine!):
- Vehicle Selection (Click to see the 14 cars you can choose from!)
Remember, car selection priority is based on registration order! First to register gets first choice of cars on event day!
- Vehicle Operation Lesson
Drivers should be proficient in driving a manual transmission!
- Enjoy the drive!
Approximately 1.5 hour drive to Percy Warner Park and back.
- Private tour of the museum vault!
Enjoy a guided visit to the museum vault where we store an additional 300+ cars!
- Enjoy access to the museum exhibit area!
Before or after your LMM Driving Experience group (depending on if you are in the morning or afternoon group).
The cost of registration is $247 for non-members and $225 for current members of Lane Motor Museum. Each driver may bring one guest at no additional cost. All participants will also have the option to purchase a commemorative event t-shirt for $15 and add or renew a museum membership for 50% off the normal cost of membership!
A Few Important Notes:
- Drivers must be age 25 or older and guests must be age 13 or older (no exceptions).
- Payment in full will be due at the time of registration. The event fee is non-refundable and will only be returned if the driver is rejected or in the case of an emergency.
- As part of the registration process, all drivers will be required to submit a copy of their driver's license and proof of insurance and must agree that our insurer, Hagerty Insurance, may check their driving record for the past 3 years. Lane Motor Museum and Hagerty reserve the right to reject any driver from participation. A DUI/DWI offense during this three year period is an automatic rejection so please do not register if you have this in your history.
- Drivers will have until three days after the initial registration to submit these materials or the registration will be cancelled, a refund will be issued, and any interested parties on the wait list will be given a chance to register.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS including both drivers and guest passengers, will be required to sign a participation waiver. This will be done at the beginning of the event during check-in, prior to the start of the event.
- Experience driving a manual transmission is important for this event. If you aren't already, it's important that drivers find a way to become proficient before arriving for the event since these can be difficult cars to learn on.
- Lane Motor Museum reserves the right to deny any participant the right to drive if we believe the driver is unable to operate the vehicle in a manner that is safe and will not cause damage to the future operability of the vehicle.
- We will make all efforts to make the cars listed available for each event day but old cars can break unexpectedly, so we reserve the right to make subsitutions if necessary.
*Approximately $172 of your participation fee can be considered a charitable donation ($150 for members). Please verify with your accountant.