Beginning Sun. Dec 26th through Mon. Jan 31st, Lane Motor Museum staff will resume indoor masking in public places, regardless of vaccination status. It will be RECOMMENDED that all guests wear a mask while visiting the museum.
Please note that the cars or exhibit items shown in this database are part of our collection but may not be on display when you visit.
When the Citroën D Series or DS (pronounced DAY-ess and sounding quite appropriately like the French word for goddess) was introduced at the 1955 Paris Auto Salon, it turned quite a few heads and booked 12,000 orders on the show’s first day.
Officially announced in 1967, the Dyane was conceived both as a modern version of, and an eventual replacement for, the venerable 2CV. Using the engine, suspension, and chassis of the 2CV, but with a completely new and enlarged body, it truly was a full-blooded member of the A series range.
The Citroën D series was the sensation of the 1955 Paris Auto Show. With its streamlined silhouette and its hydro-pneumatic suspension (no springs), this car had many features that were ahead of its time.
In 1972, French civil servant Pierre Tissier had an idea for a multi-wheeled vehicle based on the Citroën DS. With vans being cumbersome and large trucks too slow, he was seeking a high-speed car transporter to make deliveries from France to Spain.
The Citroën Type 350 (series n) was launched in 1964. Design of the body, with strong similarities to its predecessor the Ami 6, was the last work of designer Flaminio Bertoni, who was also responsible for the Traction Avant, the 2CVv, the DS, and the Ami 6.
The Citroën Visa, conceived in the early 1970s as Project Y2, was envisioned as a replacement for the Ami 8. Initially a joint venture with Fiat, Citroën was forced to redesign the car after its acquisition by Peugeot in 1976.