This vehicle was created as a promotional vehicle for the McQuay-Norris Company of St. Louis, Missouri, which manufactured replacement pistons, rings, bearings, and other parts used to rebuild an engines.
One of the most famous names in automotive history, Daimler-Benz (“Mercedes” was only a Benz model name in 1901; the company became known as Mercedes-Benz in 1926) can trace its roots back to 1889 and the first motorcar, Karl Benz’s PatentMotorwagen.
In August 1965 the new W 108 body/chassis platform was unveiled to replace the 220 and 300 “Fintail” sedans. The Mercedes-Benz 280S seen here displays all of the comfort and spaciousness the S-class 4-door Luxury Sedan bodies had to offer.
One of the oldest and most famous names in automobile history is Mercedes. The company began building cars in 1901. Daimler-Benz factories suffered greatly during World War II, but their recovery after the war was dramatic.
The Messerschmitt was one of the first and among the most successful of the many microcars that hit the motoring scene in the 1950s. Although it bears the name of the famous aircraft builder–Willy Messerschmitt–he had little to do with the car’s design.
This Group B rally car was designed and built under contract by Williams Grand Prix (Formula 1) Engineering. Unlike other top rally cars at the time, it was naturally aspirated rather than turbocharged.
In 1936, the MG (which stands for Morris Garages) Car Company began production of the T-series. The MGTA Midget and the MGTB were produced pre-WWII. After the war, MG was back in production quicker than most British companies.
The MG TC hit the market immediately after the war, following on the success of the pre-war MG TA and TB. While the cycle-fendered example seen here differs outwardly from a standard MG TC, it also has a hidden surprise – under the hood lies a period hot-rod engine, complete with a Coventry-built Shorrock supercharger.
Servicemen returning from the European Theater after WWII had become infatuated with the sports car. One of the most popular and recognizable was the MG T-series. In 1949, the MG TC gave way to the MG TD; in 1953, the MG TD gave way to the MG TF.
Mia was a very ambitious, all-electric vehicle manufacturer located in Cerizay, France. The state-of-the-art, fully-reconfigured (former Hueliez coachbuilders) plant employed 16 designers and 80 engineers, including former VW and Bertone design executives.