Volunteers Needed! Do you love talking about cars? Do you have a friendly, outgoing personality? If you're interested in supporting the Museum as a volunteer while also having fun – we are looking for you!
Volunteer Requirements Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. All volunteers must pass a background check. All volunteers must go through orientation.
Duties Performed Mostly, our volunteers are assigned to assist the staff and guests on the exhibit floor and during Vault Tours. Example assignments may include:
- Interacting with museum guests
- Answering guest questions
- “Caboosing” Vault Tours: follow behind the Vault Tour groups and help guests stay together and inside the yellow lines.
- Safeguarding exhibited items
- Dusting collection items
Weekends and Special Events: 10 am – 1:30 pm, and/or 1:30 to 5 pm
Weekdays: Monday, Thursday, & Friday. Although we are not typically as busy during the week, if you have the time and would like to come in, we’d love to have you!
- All Active Volunteers receive 10% off gift shop purchases!
- After 6 hours: 1 year Member/Guest* Membership. Existing members will receive membership upgrades/ or extensions.
- After 12 hours: Access to the museum library
- After 24 hours: You may be asked to drive collection items to various events!
- After 36 hours: Invitation to Volunteer Appreciation Events