Erich Ledwinka, one of Hans Ledwinka’s sons, was responsible for the T-97. It was developed along side the T-87. It was in effect a slightly scaled down version of the T-87 and was almost identical in style. The most obvious styling difference between the two models is the lack of the sixth window on each side of the T-97. Unlike its larger sibling, the T-97's front windshield is a single flat pane of glass and it lacks the third front headlight. The T-97 is build on a self-supporting pressed steel platform with a central tube for added strength. The T-97 could cruise easily at 68 mph with a maximum speed of around 80 mph. These figures are most impressive for 1937 and speak volumes for the aerodynamic efficiency of the car’s design. After the outbreak of World War II in 1939, production of the T-97 was forbidden due to the closeness in design to Ferdinand Porsche’s Volkswagen. Only 508 examples of the T-97 were produced between 1936 and 1939.