This company began under the name “Sicam” in 1912 and produced a small cyclecar. In the early 1920s they began making 98cc engines for attaching to bicycles. By 1924, the company was reformed under the new name for the purpose of making the Sima-Violet. They used the same Marcel Violet-designed 496cc flat-twin engine as its predecessor had used although this vehicle has a more streamlined design. It has a two-seater, plywood body, tubular backbone frame, and a 2-speed gearbox on the rear axle. A few were fitted with 750cc engines and took part in competitions–a 1.5 litre flat-4 grand prix car was built, and it finished third in the 1926 Boulogne Grand Prix.
VI Grand Prix de Boulogne (France)
Formula Libre, Vioturette & Cyclecar Race
27 August 1926
(37.375 km x 12 laps)
Join our email list to receive monthly updates about museum events and special offers!