The Citroën 5CV was shown at the Paris Salon in 1921, and production began in 1922. For the first time in France, the marketing was slanted toward feminine clientele, paying off handsomely for Citroën. The Trèfle has a torpedo body style with three seats in cloverleaf formation. The cloverleaf is designed for the third seat to be placed behind and between the two front seats so the occupant’s legs are between the front seats. This was considered very vogue during the 1920s. This model boosted 5CV sales at a critical time, and the plant in Levallois was soon turning out 250 cars per day. Sales of the Trèfle exceeded 10,000 units a year until the end of production in May 1926. Interestingly, the car featured brakes at the rear wheels only, no water pump, and used a torque tube rather than a conventional driveshaft. Its nickname in the ‘20s was “cul de poule” or “hen’s bottom,” a reference to the rear body work.